9.21.2008

I am racing again, the magical 3

It was so nice to race again. I got injuired in the middle of my season this year. Still started and finished The Tizzy World Cup, with much of a pain. It was a good experience though, swimming right behind JAvier and ride pretty strong.
As it is common (usually after break downs, happens), it was a turning point for me. A lot of things have changed, and it s Alun Wooward again, being my coach.

We recollected our thoughts and determined a few aims. Put a basic program together, which I am following in the last 8 weeks firmly. Just finished my 3rd race in a row, all of them were european cups ( polish, austrian, and serbian).

BEfore the 1st I only managed to have 4 running sessions due to the recovery since the world cup. In the same time improved a lot on bike. Was able to get away from the field in the last 2 laps and gain 45ish seconds lead.

2nd race, Vienna. Exiting the water 2nd was great, and feeling still fresh. Put a load of work on the bike, unfortunately lost the best opportunity to get away with O'Grady and the austrian, with whom we worked the most. Although this races supprise was my run, which is still slow, but improved a lot in a week.

3rd. Belgrade. It was a weak filed compare to the 2 before. So was a great chance to make a get away. Which I managed to work out. Pulled hard the swim in the front untill I saw it is only 3 of us having enough gap to get away on bike. It was O'Grady and Greer, both of them having a good work ethic. We gained 2'40" untill the 5th lap on the main group. Unfortunately the kiwi fella got flat tire (sorry Graham), so it was Greer and me to hold or gain the gap. We entered T2 with a 3'10"ish gap. And hold some of it untill the finish line. I took silver.

No comments: