5.01.2009

Season Opener (Margit Island)

A good block of training in pocket since the TT race on 5th of March. Really enjoyed to get back to the rythm and do weeks after weeks, and follow all orders from coach Woody.

Still have work to do untill St.Pölten, but we had a little rest of a breath and inserted a sprint triathlon. I was glad that I could so-so follow orders, and did a flawless victory. From the start untill the finish line, all alone, doing my race. I didnt have any expectation about swim. Therefore it was a pretty big surprise I got away easily, have no clue, but must have been something like 20 seconds from 2nd fastest swimmer.
Bike was all good, only couldn't move faster as command said. I gained like 1 min 30 second-ish gap on 2nd, and a nice 9-10 athlete group formed behind me. Including my bro, who is improving like with speed of light. He finshed 5th, and gained a lot of worthy experience, since it was his 2nd sprint race ever.
Run was quiet a fun, 1st felt strange, all body jelly. Than focused and put run together, and started to run faster and faster. But there was noone around so was not much forced to run really fast.

That s it.

NExt weekend hopefully I ll manage to get to Buschhütten and be able to compete the best athletes on a non-drafting olympic distance race. Elmar Heger from Blueseventy was so kind and helped me with registration, so Rainer secured a spot amongst pro athletes. Cant wait, it must ll be a good good fun, and pain :)

See ya

No comments: